During the hot summer months, the last thing I want to do is make my house even hotter by turning on the stove and oven. When there’s a chance to serve a dish that involves no cooking at all, I jump on it! Thank God the Summer season is so bountiful with fresh produce, or these opportunities would be few and far between. Lucky for us, no cook side dishes frequent our weekly dinner menus during this time of the year.
This simple veggie salad is such a simple and refreshing summer vegetable recipe. I encourage you to try this basic dressing on a variety of summer vegetables.Even if all you have in the fridge is a cucumber, give it a shot with this light and healthy dressing and you’ll open up a whole new world of possibilities.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small english cucumber, deseeded and cut into semi-circle slices
- 1 small yellow squash, diced into 1/4" pcs.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into the same size as the squash
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar (red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar is okay)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Coarse Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt pepper.
- Let sit for 10 minutes @ room temperature or 20 minutes in the fridge before serving.