I love how much flavor is packed into this extremely simple and versatile slaw! We paired it with Warm Goat Cheese patties sitting on top of a bed of greens that were very lightly dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. I imagine it would be delectable on a pulled pork sandwich as well. If you’re on the hunt for savory apple recipes, you’ve got to give this one a try!
What would you pair with this healthy, crazy-fast side dish?
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon suga
- 2 green onions, white and green parts chopped.
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 firm, large crisp apple or 2 medium apples (such as Pink Lady, Gala, or Braeburn), julienned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add green onion, sliced fennel, chopped fennel fronds, and apple.
- Toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
© 2021 copyright 2015 Menubility.com - All Rights Reserved.
This recipe is adapted slightly from the original Celery, Apple and Fennel Slaw recipe on Epicurious.