The strawberries have come and gone in North Carolina, indicating that the end of Spring is near, but the green tomatoes popping up on my backyard tomato plants tell me that a bountiful summer is just around the corner. I can practically smell the basil from my office!
I am getting pretty pumped about the upcoming Summer menus that I’ll be sharing with all of you. Every couple of months, we usher in a whole new season of delicious ideas, many of which are inspired by and include a variety of locally available food sources. So say hello to the final 5 delicious family meal ideas of Spring 2015.
- Meal #1: Turkish Pizzas* (also known as PIDE) with Cucumber & Dill Salad – *notes: I use Naan instead of Turkish bread as my base for this pizza. Also ground beef or chicken is a perfectly fine substitute for lamb in this dish. Want it vegetarian? Just omit the meat altogether.
- Meal #2: Sautéed Perogies with Avocado Cream Sauce, Roasted Zucchini and Mango Slices
- Meal #4: Easy Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with Green Beans and Dinner Rolls
- Meal #5: Balsamic BBQ Chicken Wraps, Bodacious Broccoli Salad (just add cranberries) and Oven Fries (store-bought french fries, cooked in the oven).
Don’t forget to download this week’s free printable 2-in-1 Menu & Grocery List, and, see below for super quick assembly instructions on the Balsamic BBQ Chicken Wraps!
How to assemble your Balsamic BBQ Chicken Wraps:
For the wraps in meal #5, cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grilled using the marinade in the recipe link. When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the grill and give it about 5-10 minutes to rest. Thinly slice the chicken breast against the grain and combine it in a tortilla in the following order:
- A generous spoonful of Balsamic BBQ Mayo (2 tablespoons of mayo mixed with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic bbq sauce from the recipe)
- Baby Arugula – lightly tossed in olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Thinly sliced tomato – sprinkled with salt and pepper
- Fresh Mozzarella slices and shaved Parmesan
- Sliced Balsamic BBQ Chicken
- Squeeze of lemon juice.
Wrap up with one side open and one closed or enjoy taco style!